Revision as of 03:49, 4 July 2011 by ZhangHuangbin
DRAFT, WORKING IN PROGRESS.
To restore a mail server, you have to:
- backup some necessary files. daily or weekly.
- Install a new iRedMail server.
- Restore backed up files on new server.
What you need to backup:
- All MySQL database, except 'mysql'. Because new iRedMail server has new passwords for users, don't restore passwords from old server.
- Mailboxes. It's stored under /var/vmail/ by default. Simply copy whole directory to new server is fine, don't forget to set file owner and group to 'vmail:vmail', file permission 0700.
- DKIM files. it's stored under /var/lib/dkim/ by default, or /var/spool/amavis/dkim/ (openSUSE),
- Postfix queue if necessary. It's stored under /var/spool/postfix/ by default. Reference: http://marc.info/?t=128774006300003&r=1&w=2