Topic: Can't save mails - quota exceeded?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.0
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Today I've imported some hundred mail accounts using the create_mail_user_OpenLDAP.py skript (and then ldapadd). It worked like a charm. But then I tried to use imapsync to import the mails from the old server. I realized that imapsync wasn't able to write to the mail-folders of the created users.

msg INBOX/363 {1075} couldn't append  (Subject:[***]) to folder INBOX: Error sending '19 APPEND INBOX (\Seen)

I tried to login in Roundcube whith the login-credentials of one user. Login was possible. It was as well possible to send an email to an user which I created manually before my user-import. But Roundcube stated that it wasn't able to write into the folder 'Sent'.
Afterwards I tried to send an email to one of the imported users and got this error message:

"Your message to <mail@example.com> was automatically rejected:
Quota exceeded (mailbox for user is full)"

I've set 100 as quota for the imported users. But there are no saved messages up to now. So why the quota is exceeded? What can I do?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Can't save mails - quota exceeded?

If the mailbox quota exceeded, you should increase the quota for this user.

If you're sure that the quota is wrong, please follow this tutorial to recalculate real-time quota percentage:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/recalculat … quota.html

3 (edited by alex42 2015-09-30 04:29:27)

Re: Can't save mails - quota exceeded?

I've realized that 100 as quota didn't mean 100MB but 100 bytes. I just had to change the quota and everything worked as expexted.