==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04 x64
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

When I use Thunderbird to add my email, the username part is only abc (not abc@example.com), I had to manually add the @example.com part.

In the same way, when login using front end web browser, I have to use the full email address.

Is there any way to config SOGo and other backend components to allow login with Thunderbird/Outlook and frontend web browser with only username without domain part?

I had add the parameter SOGoMailDomain = "example.com"; to sogo.conf and auth_default_realm = example.com to dovecot.conf but no luck.

I only use one domain only.

IDFieldName and UIDFieldName is "mail" (w/o quotes)
bindFields = (mail);

bindAsCurrentUser = YES;

and

SOGoForceExternalLoginWithEmail = NO;

I had added

bindFields = (mail,cn);

but only postmaster (w/o domain part) works. Other accounts are still not accessible w/o the domain part.

Thank you and regards,

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Login to SOGo Frontend and using Thunderbird without domain part

May I know why you don't want to use full email address as login username? Your domain name is long?

With Outlook, you just need to type full email address once. With SOGo, you can let web browser remember the login username (and password), It doesn't look like a hard work.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

May I know why you don't want to use full email address as login username? Your domain name is long?

With Outlook, you just need to type full email address once. With SOGo, you can let web browser remember the login username (and password), It doesn't look like a hard work.

The problem is when user sets up his/her account for the first time with Thunderbird, after input email address and password and clicked "continue", Thunderbird will automatically find setting if username is not in full, fail2ban will locked the entire company IP with failed login.

SOGo with full username seems OK smile

quyhoang wrote:

The problem is when user sets up his/her account for the first time with Thunderbird, after input email address and password and clicked "continue", Thunderbird will automatically find setting if username is not in full, fail2ban will locked the entire company IP with failed login.

Replace the username by full email address please. Or:

set the correct default mail domain name in parameter 'auth_default_realm =' in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf. Restarting Dovecot service is required.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
quyhoang wrote:

Replace the username by full email address please. Or:

set the correct default mail domain name in parameter 'auth_default_realm =' in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf. Restarting Dovecot service is required.

Do I have to put the domain name in quote, ie. "example.com" ?

quyhoang wrote:

Do I have to put the domain name in quote, ie. "example.com" ?

No.