1 (edited by for-lance 2015-09-24 07:10:03)

Topic: I've installed iRedMail whithout mx record and mailing is impossible

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.9.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu server 14.04 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend: MySql
- Web server: Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: log.txt
====

I had only A - records dns (sach as "domain.com" and "www.domail.com"), because I forgot to create mx - record.

1) is there inough to create one mx - record as: domain.com MX 10 mail.domail.com?

So, when I had been installing iRedmail, I was asked to write first mail domain name which could not be the same as "domain.com" (I find that I was offered "domail.com" because of absence of MX-record). I entered mail.domain.com, but I wanted to enter only "domail.com" for the better view like "info@domail.com"

I've got an ugly postmaster@mail.domain.com instead of postmaster@domail.com

When I had been sent message I was informed of "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender" to my Roundcube webmailer whith "Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 Unroutable sender address" exception.

So, guys, how can I configure my mail-server to work and to form the user's account like "user@domail.com" not "user@mail.doamil.com"?

Thanks in advance...

p.s. Now I have an MX-record, but how I can reconfigure iRedMail?
p.s.s
/etc/hosts:
127.0.0.1    localhost
99.99.99.99 domain.com domain
# The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts
::1     localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters

/etc/hostname:
domain

Post's attachments

Delivery report 374 b, 1 downloads since 2015-09-23 

log.txt 2.89 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Undelivered Message.eml 1.79 kb, 1 downloads since 2015-09-23 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: I've installed iRedMail whithout mx record and mailing is impossible

for-lance wrote:

So, when I had been installing iRedmail, I was asked to write first mail domain name which could not be the same as "domain.com" (I find that I was offered "domail.com" because of absence of MX-record). I entered mail.domain.com, but I wanted to enter only "domail.com" for the better view like "info@domail.com"

You use 'domain.com' as server hostname, so it cannot be used as mail domain name.
The easiest solution is: change your server hostname to another one. Then it's ok to use 'domain.com'.

Should I edit only the file /etc/hosts and /etc/hostname according to mx-record which like mail.domain.com or other like hg5.domain-ever.com?

And should I reconfigure including iredmail services?

I suggest reinstalling server OS, then install iRedMail by following our installation guide strictly:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/

Please carefully read section "Important things you MUST know after installation" in installation guide.

Are you seriosly? Is there no one other way sach as http://www.iredmail.org/docs/change.ser … tname.html maybe or... omg!?

oh, sorry, i forgot this document. of course you can try http://www.iredmail.org/docs/change.ser … tname.html