==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: FreeBSD 9.3-RELEASE
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I currently use openldap for host level authentication (pam_ldap, nss_ldap, ssh tie in) and would like to leverage this as the iRedMail backend, however it appears this is mutually exclusive with iRedMail's install.  Is there a way to install iRedMail with ldap-client already installed or do I have to resort to uninstalling it, then installing iRedMail and finally reinstalling/configuring ldap?

Thanks.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Remote LDAP backend with exisitng host LDAP user auth

*) iRedMail has its own LDAP scheme file, and it's required. If your OpenLDAP has this scheme file, it should work with iRedMail.
*) But if you want to make existing accounts working with iRedMail, you need to update their LDIF data to include attributes/values required by iRedMail. I suggest you setup a iRedMail virtual machine for evaluation first, you can create some testing mail accounts, then compare with your existing ldap accounts, you will know how easy or hard to update existing accounts.