Topic: Domain POP collection

I am looking at iRedMail as a replacement solution for a friend.
He currently runs MDaemon (altn) to collect is messages from a (wildcard) pop account with his ISP. MDaemon then sorts the messages to the appropriate mail boxes. Just to clarify, MDaemon collects mail from popuser@customer.isp.com, and the ISP holds all messages for customer.isp.com until collected.

Q1. Can iRedMail perform the same function?

On the other side of the coin I would also like iRedMail to act as a secondary MX server for my network.

Q2. Can iRedMail act as a secondary MX server?

Any comments would be most helpful.

Regards

Fred

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Domain POP collection

Hi, Nobody ever answered poor old Fredz and I have EXACTLY the same question (and Mdaemon setup). Can someone from tech please let me know if iredmail can collect POP (perhaps fetchmail?) as well as handling the usual SMTP

Thanks!
Rich.

FredZ wrote:

I am looking at iRedMail as a replacement solution for a friend.
He currently runs MDaemon (altn) to collect is messages from a (wildcard) pop account with his ISP. MDaemon then sorts the messages to the appropriate mail boxes. Just to clarify, MDaemon collects mail from popuser@customer.isp.com, and the ISP holds all messages for customer.isp.com until collected.

Q1. Can iRedMail perform the same function?

On the other side of the coin I would also like iRedMail to act as a secondary MX server for my network.

Q2. Can iRedMail act as a secondary MX server?

Any comments would be most helpful.

Regards

Fred

Re: Domain POP collection

Hi Richard,

About fetchmail: http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic368- … hmail.html

Please post your questions in new forum topic instead of hijacking other's thread.