Topic: Reverse DNS ?

Hello,

my question is not directly related to iredmail, but it's about mail configuration in general.

My mail server have (at least) 4 names :

* qjk123.provider.com : the original name of the server set by my provider, this address has no DNS resolution (?!)
  * mackmyra.mydomain.com : the name of the host
  * mail.mydomain.com : my first mail domain name used during iredmail installation, but not used to send mail (only iredmail administration)
  * mywebsite.com : an other domain name used by our web app to send mail to our client.

The mail server of our client see "qjk123.provider.com" as the sender, as this address has no DNS resolution it limit the frequency of email reception (30 email/hour).

The "qjk123.provider.com" address is found because it is the value of the reverse DNS, so I need to change it, but which value must I use ?
The name of the host, the first mail domain or the web app domain ?
If it is the web app domain, how can I do for other domain sending email ?
I can have only one reverse DNS ?

Thanks a lot
Yoann

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): NGINX
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Reverse DNS ?

Dear Yoann,

I suggest you read this tutorial first, make sure you understand what DNS records a mail server need:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/setup.dns.html

Re: Reverse DNS ?

So the reverse record must be the FQDN hostname of my sever (not my primary mail domain).

Thanks a lot.
Yoann