1 (edited by a3009158 2015-09-04 18:28:05)

Topic: Updating Debian Wheezy to Jessie

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.8.9
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian Wheezy
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
====
I'm planning on upgrading my webserver running Wheezy to Jessie. I tried to update the day Jessie was released and that crashed my Apache installation. Now a few months later all iredmail packages have Jessie support and I'm confident enough to upgrade.

Last update allot of config files have been modified during installation (I figured iredmail made changes). For example

Configuration file '/etc/mysql/my.cnf'
==> Modified (by you or by a script) since installation.
==> Package distributor has shipped an updated version.
What would you like to do about it ?  Your options are:
Y or I  : install the package maintainer's version
N or O  : keep your currently-installed version
D     : show the differences between the versions

I'm wondering what options to choose assuming relevant .conf files have again been changed. Services such as Apache, MySQL and ClamAV. Should the default option be followed in all cases (Installating the package mainteners version?)

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Updating Debian Wheezy to Jessie

I suggest you choose this one to keep iRedMail settings:

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

I suggest you choose this one to keep iRedMail settings:

Won't that choice leave out new options that the updated software requires? (for example Apache 2.5 seems to have these kind of issues)

If new version of some softwares have new settings in config files, this option may cause some trouble.

or, maybe you should backup this file manually before doing any choice, after you backed up this file, choose "Y or I  : install the package maintainer's version".