1 (edited by elagil 2015-08-27 21:32:42)

Topic: [SOGo] Exchange service, drains battery on mobile devices - suggestion

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 8
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? NO
====

Hello,

I had an issue with mobile devices syncing to SOGo's exchange service. It would drain the battery insanely fast.

The reason for this was the Heartbeat timeout of SOGo which is set to 10 seconds by default. After those 10 seconds, the mobile device has to reestablish the connection to the SOGo server.

I suggest setting timeouts way higher to prevent this.

In

/etc/sogo/sogo.conf

add the lines:

SOGoMaximumPingInterval = 600;                                                                                                     
    SOGoMaximumSyncInterval = 600;                                                                                                     
    SOGoInternalSyncInterval = 30;  

Which raises the heartbeat timeout to 10 minutes.

Also, do the same for the proxy settings:

In

/etc/apache2/conf-available/SOGo.conf

I adjusted the values to:

ProxyPass /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync \                                                                                               
 http://127.0.0.1:20000/SOGo/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync \                                                                             
 retry=60 connectiontimeout=60 timeout=660

Especially have a look at this:
ActiveSync Tuning

Kind regards,
Adrian

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: [SOGo] Exchange service, drains battery on mobile devices - suggestion

Thanks for the suggestion. I tuned sogo with same settings for customer before. And now it's the default setting in next iRedMail release.
https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail/comm … 396b85efbe