Topic: Cannot send mail from email clients but can send from localhost

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hello,

I am in big trouble. As told before i am running centos 7 and installed iRedMail. After disabling amavisd. i can send mail from localhost but i cannot send mails from mail clients. Initially i started with a test domain and now i am testing for a real domain. Can that be a issue? Can you please tell me what could  eb the issue. Moreover using ssl for smtp isn't working at all.

Furthermore, as of now all our mails as hosted in different server. I used iRedMail for sending only as of now. Can that be the issue?

Your help would be highly appreciated as i'm in big trouble.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Cannot send mail from email clients but can send from localhost

alishateddy wrote:

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hello,

I am in big trouble. As told before i am running centos 7 and installed iRedMail. After disabling amavisd. i can send mail from localhost but i cannot send mails from mail clients. Initially i started with a test domain and now i am testing for a real domain. Can that be a issue? Can you please tell me what could  eb the issue. Moreover using ssl for smtp isn't working at all.

Furthermore, as of now all our mails as hosted in different server. I used iRedMail for sending only as of now. Can that be the issue?

Your help would be highly appreciated as i'm in big trouble.

Why are you having your email hosted on a different server different than your iRedMail server?

Also, if your external mail clients are pointed at "localhost" then that would be the problem as they would need to be pointed to either the FQDN or IP address of the mail server in order to send/receive email from it.