1 (edited by alishateddy 2015-08-13 12:02:07)

Topic: Can iRedMail be used only for smtp sending like postfix?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi,
We have been using postfix as our MTA agent for quite long and heard about iRedmail. But we don't want to use iRemail for storing our mails as of now as migration would take time. We would like to start by first usign the smtp service only.  An we have centos 7 running.

So can we configure it only for smtp like postfix?

Thank You.

Your response on this would be highly appreciated.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Can iRedMail be used only for smtp sending like postfix?

i don't understand what you're going to achieve.

If you just need a SMTP server like Postfix, you can install/configure Postfix manually. iRedMail offers additional services like IMAP/POP3 and webmail.

Thank You so much for your reply.

The reason we would want to use iRedMail is because i have found that iRedMail comes with a bundles package of postfix, amavis, clamav, spamassassin and all. But sure if i read that right. So we though it would be easier to install rather than downloading each package and configuring it.

Moreover if this works then we are even thinking of migrating our mails later on.

Your advice would be highly appreciated.

HI again,

I installed iRedMail. But i don't see amavis though it's suppose to be installed. Can you please help me with the configuration of amavis, spamassassin and postfix with iRedM.ail

Excuse me, what is your issue?

Hello,

Initially i had problem with many things. But slowly i rectified then all. Not sure if it's actually working well.

Once the iRedMail is installed don't we need to make any changes in the spamassassin or amavis.conf file? How do we verify that it's scanning of files? And in the amavis.conf file that came along with iredMail installation, i didn't see any options to send mails to the administrator in case it found out some malware. Can that be done too?

*) To verify Amavisd + SpamAssassin + ClamAV are working:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/no.x-spam.headers.html

alishateddy wrote:

i didn't see any options to send mails to the administrator in case it found out some malware. Can that be done too?

Amavisd will log in /var/log/maillog (or mail.log) when spam/virus was detected. If you have iRedAdmin-Pro, you can also quarantine detected spam/virus to SQL database and release/delete them with iRedAdmin-Pro.