Topic: Connection Timed Out to some domain

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.8.7
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS 64-bit
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
392D72300089  1140269 Wed Jul 22 10:02:49  xxxxx@xxxxx
   (connect to xxxxx[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]:25: Connection timed out)
                                         xxxxx@xxxxxx
====

Is there some way to add a relay if my redmail is not being able to send to other domains? We experience this to few domains only

Thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Connection Timed Out to some domain

"Connection timed out" is networking issue, maybe destination server is really not running, or your network has some issue. I suggest you try to test the network first.

Hi, we can successfully send/receive to other domains. only that particular domain is experiencing the error. I can't even telnet its port 25.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

"Connection timed out" is networking issue, maybe destination server is really not running, or your network has some issue. I suggest you try to test the network first.

Please check my previous reply. It might be destination server issue, not yours.
Try to connect to these destination servers from another network. e.g. send email from Gmail to them, or telnet their port 25 from another IP address. Figure out whether it's your server/network issue, or it's theirs.