Topic: Choose dist

Which DIST is best for iRedMail. E.g. cluebringer seams not to be working in Debian 8.
Is all features fully working in Centos 7?

Is there any document with details about what is working and not between the different DISTs.

What DIST should I choose regarding maximum functionality?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Choose dist

*) We will enable postscreen in next iRedMail release, so greylisting is not very important after we have postscreen.
*) The concern is throttling. We don't have throttling plugin for iRedAPD yet.

We always suggest sysadmins to choose the distribution they're familiar with, so that you can easily maintain the server.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

*) We will enable postscreen in next iRedMail release, so greylisting is not very important after we have postscreen.
*) The concern is throttling. We don't have throttling plugin for iRedAPD yet.

We always suggest sysadmins to choose the distribution they're familiar with, so that you can easily maintain the server.

Many DISTs are very simliar so this should not be so difficult do use an other DIST. E.g. Ubuntu and Debian are very simliar. And besides if you have been handling Linux systems for a couple of years I think you have enough knowledge to choose the best DIST for the task.

If it is not to much trouble I would appreciate a document with features available in the different platforms.

Thank you for all the good work!

Currently, just Cluebringer is missed in Debian 8 & Cluebringer 15.04. So you may want to use Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.