Topic: Official current status of PHP version with CentOS 6

- iRedmail 0.87
- LDAP
- Apache
- CentoOS 6.6 64-bit
- iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP 2.1.2

Hi,
     I am looking at upgrading our system to the latest release of iRedmail and iRedAdmin. I will be upgrading incrementally from 0.87 to 0.92.  This will be done on a test machine.

As per instructions, I looked at the RoundCube upgrade first and the latest version at time of writing is 1.1.2.
As I did it manually (on the test server), I noticed that Roundcube supports PHP 5.3.7 and up for the 1.1.X family.

CentOS system PHP version is 5.3.3. As far as I can tell iRedmail still insists that the system PHP be used.  ie  no Remi or IUS repo's.

Moving forward, and I hope Zhang can comment directly, what is the status of iRedmail and PHP versions on CentOS 6 now that RoundCube is starting to pull ahead of the system version?

If a 3rd party repo is required in the future, what is preferred, remi or IUS?   or is an upgrade to CentOS 7 recommended? (Really don't want to do that just yet).

Kind Regards,
                    David

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Official current status of PHP version with CentOS 6

If you don't want to upgrade to CentOS 7, it's ok to upgrade to new php with a third-party repo.