Topic: Just installed SSL Cert and now roundcube cannot connect

I purchased a ssl cert from ssls.com, and installed it into my server using this tutorial:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/use.a.boug … icate.html
Now, when I attempt to log in, I get an error on roundcube saying "Cannot connect to storage", and I am also unable to log in through pop or imap.

==== Required information ====
- 0.8.7:
- MySQL:
- Apache:
- Ubuntu 14.04.2:
Jun 16 10:59:21 mx roundcube: IMAP Error: Login failed for email@email.com from ip.ip.ip.ip. Could not connect to 127.0.0.1:143: Connection refused in /usr/share/apache2/roundcubemail-1.0.1/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap.php on line 184 (POST /mail/?_task=login?_task=login&_action=login):
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Just installed SSL Cert and now roundcube cannot connect

Could you check that your Dovecot service is running?

When I run:

ps -A | grep dovecot

I get nothing. But when I run:

sudo service dovecot start

I get

dovecot start/running, process 4043

We use a certificate bought from ssls.com too, i suggest you follow this tutorial to generate the ssl certificate:
http://www.renedohmen.nl/blog/2015/01/a … -to-nginx/

You're free to re-issue a new ssl certificate with ssls.com.

5 (edited by schnappi 2015-06-18 02:27:02)

When you change SSL certificates you need to change settings in three files (assuming you are using Ubuntu, or other Debian based operating system, and Apache without any virtual hosts modifications)

/etc/postfix/main.cf
/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
/etc/apache2/sites-available/default-ssl.conf

Open these files in the terminal. Use control+W to run a search for "iRedMail.crt." Replace any mention of "iRedMail.crt" or "iRedMail.key" with your pertinent certificate information.

If did the above try clearing your web browser cache and restarting your mail server.