==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.9.2
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: FreeBSD 10.1
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi,

I am having a strange problem changing the password of email accounts using the webmail login.
My server lies behind a firewall and has a private IP address, the traffic is redirected at the firewall to reach the mail server. All this is working perfect. I can access the mail server fro outside and login with the email and password and change it with no problem but when I login from a computer in the internal network it does not accept to change the password, why is this? I only get and error saying there was an error changing the password. What is the difference if I login from inside and from outside?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Password change problem

Any related error log in log file? Roundcube logs to Postfix log file.

Hi,

Couldn't find any related error but managed to sort it by fixing an internal DNS issue where there was no reverse lookup zone for the internal private IP address space. Once that was done, everything started working correctly. It seems that the webmail functions don't work correctly if it is unable to do a reverse lookup of the connecting IP?

The latest Roundcube release has below default setting:

// Enable DNS checking for e-mail address validation                                
$config['email_dns_check'] = false;

So it doesn't check DNS (of email address) if you didn't change it.