Topic: Double forward slash in Dovecot paths

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.9.1
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Aache
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 7
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: dovecot.log
====

I upgraded to 0.9.1 last evening and moved a bunch of users around. While I was debugging and making sure everything was working, I noticed a couple of strange things in the dovecot log, neither of which appear to be fatal issues. Here is an example log line from dovecot.log:

May 17 11:58:42 imap(XXX@XXX.com): Debug: acl vfile: file //var/vmail/vmail1/XXX.com/XXX//Maildir/dovecot-acl not found

There are double forward slashes in a couple of places in that path that should probably get removed in the next version; and if you can point me to where these might be coming from, I would like to fix it now in my setup.

Additionally, it appears that dovecot looks for ACL files in the Maildir but nothing creates them by default. Is there a way to make it so that when a user is created the ACL files are also created so these messages don't show up in the log file?

Thanks,
Tom

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Double forward slash in Dovecot paths

Do you have '//var/vmail' in SQL column `mailbox.storagebasedirectory` (database 'vmail')?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Do you have '//var/vmail' in SQL column `mailbox.storagebasedirectory` (database 'vmail')?

Nope.

+----------------------+
| storagebasedirectory |
+----------------------+
| /var/vmail           |
+----------------------+

Search '%Lh' in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf, replace '/%Lh' by '%Lh', restart Dovecot service.
Check our commit log:
https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail/comm … cd70c02cc3

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Search '%Lh' in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf, replace '/%Lh' by '%Lh', restart Dovecot service.
Check our commit log:
https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail/comm … cd70c02cc3

To be clear, this edit should actually be to replace '/%Lh/' with '%Lh'. The second forward slash isn't needed either as it creates a double forward slash before the 'Maildir' portion of the path. This is the change I've implemented on my server.

Thanks,
Tom

pappastech wrote:

To be clear, this edit should actually be to replace '/%Lh/' with '%Lh'.

The second slash in '/%Lh/' should not be removed, some variables after '%Lh/' may not contains '/' at the beginning.