1 (edited by kevothi 2015-05-13 12:19:58)

Topic: How to fowarding domain mail in same one server

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: iRedMail 0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.0.4.5 LTS i686
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
Hi all,
I have one iRedmail server with domain mail oldmail.com. Now i just create second domain mail is newmail.com that i want will change for oldmail.com after that. Both domain have same all users. For now, i want forwarding all mail form oldmail.com to newmail.com (save one copy on oldmail.com) so i have implementing domain alias and shadow address. It's mean i add domain alias name oldmail.com for newmail.com and shadow address user@oldmail.com for user@newmail.com. Email send for user@oldmail.com foward for user@newmail.com but don't save on copy on user@oldmail.com. But the most important, user@oldmail.com now can not work: login, send mail ...
How to i fix this issue? I have implementing follow http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic354- … kend.html.
Thanks all

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How to fowarding domain mail in same one server

The way how you created "alias domain" is wrong. You created 2 standalone mail domains, not one primary domain (oldmail.com) + alias domain (newmail.com). If you have oldmail.com, and correctly assign 'newmail.com' as its alias domain, you will see only one domain with iRedAdmin (oldmail.com).

P.S. with iRedAdmin-Pro, you can simply assign 'newmail.com' as an alias domain of 'oldmail.com'.

3 (edited by kevothi 2015-05-14 10:36:16)

Thanks ZhangHuangbin for your help. Now, i understadn domain alias name isn't resolve my problem. In my case, there are any resolve to forwarding domail main from oldmail.com to newmail.com?
thanks all

Alias domain can solve your issue. The problem is how you created alias domain was wrong.

I mean if i created 2 standalone domain mail, can i use domain alias for forwarding mail? Or are there any other resolve? Thank you.

I'm afraid that i don't quite understand what you really want. Could you please explain it again with short sentences? Long sentences are hard to understand, sorry about my poor english. sad

I created 2 standalone mail domains, not one primary + alias domain. How to I forwarding mail from old domain to new domain? I also want save one copy on mail old domain. Thank you.