1 (edited by jpforte 2015-05-03 21:51:48)

Topic: move a Rackspace installed iRedMail MySQL installation to ...

I am about to move a Rackspace installed iRedMail MySQL installation to the Rackspace Database instance.

Any new suggestions here? I am starting with amavis since it seems to really hit the database hard.

ONLY moving the MySQL not the whole server

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: move a Rackspace installed iRedMail MySQL installation to ...

What's your concern?

Also, reference:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/migrate.to … erver.html

Zhang, I am only moving the MySQL instance. Sorry did not state it accurately.

I am keeping the server just pointing the MySQL queries to the "Database Instance" like a server dedicated to MySQL.

I copied the Amavis password and user to the new instance and updated the host in /etc/amavis/amavisd.conf and that seem to be working very well.

My concern is I may not find all the areas to update the host names in the config files.

There are a lot of files in Postfix for instance you have to replace, maybe running a system-wide grep looking for the passwords (which should be random enough not to recur) would be the best option for you.

Don't forget to update below files:

*) /etc/postfix/mysql/*.cf
*) /etc/dovecot/*.conf
*) Roundcube config file: config/config.inc.php

You'll have to change iRedAPD and iRedAdmin connection parameters also, otherwise those will fail to connect.

Here is another file that needs to be updated.

/opt/iredapd/setttings.py