Topic: iredadmin has a redirect loop after upgrade

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): apache2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: ubuntu
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

i upgraded from 0.8.6 to 0.8.7 intending to proceed to 0.9.0, and it all went well, but iredadmin seems to have a redirect loop, and i can't quite put my finger on where it might exactly be.

everything else seems to work fine, afaict, so this appears to be iredadmin config specific.

any hints on where to look would be appreciated, if anyone has any.

additional note that may indeed be relevant - the server's hostname was originally mail3, while i was configuring it prior to it being the live server, and now it has dns entries and responds to mail, mail2 *and* mail3.

but all that was true prior to the upgrade, and ireadmin worked then, and everything else seems to be working now, so i'm guessing it's something buried somewhere in the iredadmin config.

i could probably go a head and upgrade to 0.9.0 and solve this later, but i hesitate to do that, a bit.

lastly - i want to solve it - but it's not an emergency.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iredadmin has a redirect loop after upgrade

aggrabauskas wrote:

but iredadmin seems to have a redirect loop, and i can't quite put my finger on where it might exactly be.

Does it work if you clear web browser cache?

good thought - so i tried that, and the results were the same - in chromium, anyway.

so i tried firefox - and i get the login page, but it sets the language to russian. i set it to english, and it refreshes and sts it to russian. i try lang=en_US in the url - same result. i try clearing ff's cached - same result.

but at least it's another data point.

Try this:

*) Delete all records in SQL table `iredadmin.session`.
*) Clear web browsers cache. then try again.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Try this:

*) Delete all records in SQL table `iredadmin.session`.
*) Clear web browsers cache. then try again.

Thank you. Finally got a moment to try this and it worked - at least to solve the redirect loop behavior of chrome.

Now both chrome and ff exhibit the same behavior as described above for firefox, i.e.:

"i get the login page, but it sets the language to russian. i set it to english, and it refreshes and sts it to russian. i try lang=en_US in the url - same result. i try clearing ff's cache - same result."

i can log in fine on both browsers now, and iredadm seems to work fine - but it insists on doing it in russian.

*) I fixed redirect loop issue yesterday.
*) Will try to reproduce the language issue and come back with a fix.