Topic: User unknown in virtual mailbox table

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Kindly assist me to resolve the error: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table, so that it gives me a bounce back message for local recipients users when they do not exist in virtual mailbox. I have observed that the SMTP rejects e-mail for non-existing users and the compose window remains active without sending the e-mails to even a single user in the list. This is caused by typos mistakes on the address bar when composing messages.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: User unknown in virtual mailbox table

SMTP works like this. It can only fail all or none of the recipients

If that is the case, how can I configure it to return a bounce back rather than failing to close the browser and remain on compose window? I need the compose window to disappear and give me the bounce back.

You can try to remove 'reject_unlisted_recipient' in /etc/postfix/main.cf then try again.

Thanks for feedback but that didn't solve the problem as well. Atleast i will appreciate if it gives/highlights the typos mistake on the email address or the error shows the real email address that is wrong.