Topic: Manually Creating users

I use the create_mail_user_SQL.sh script in iRedMail/tools folder to create the user and then i import the .sql file that it creates. But it seems that no matter what I use for the password by setting it in the script I can not login with the sogo webpage. Is there something that I am missing? It appears that the accounts are being created the mail folders exist on the server and in the iRedAdmin panel I can see the account. But I can't login to the account from the password set in the script. I changed it to look like so.

DEFAULT_PASSWD='pass1234'
USE_DEFAULT_PASSWD='YES'

and pass1234 or the username does not work for the password when trying to access the account.

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.9.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Manually Creating users

Does it work with Roundcube webmail? or other mail clients like Outlook/Thunderbird?

There's a known issue in SOGo:

*) SOGo doesn't auth user against IMAP server, it authenticates mail account itself.
*) If you're using MD5 password, SOGo doesn't support salted MD5 without '{CRYPT}' prefix. You must prepend '{CRYPT}' for salted MD5 passwords.

So, please try to use either SSHA (with prefix '{SSHA}') or salted MD5 with '{CRYPT}'.