==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 6
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi,
How/Where can I check what's my default MX record?

In configuration panel of my hosting provider I used "smtp.mydomain.com" but when I check at intodns.com I get this error next to MX:

"Oh well, I did not detect any MX records so you probably don't have any and if you know you should have then they may be missing at your nameservers!"

Also If I added more domains in iredmail panel, what will be the MX record for this domains?

Thank you.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: MX Records

The MX Record should be on the root of your domain unless your e-mail addresses look like: user@smtp.mydomain.com
if your e-mail addresses look like user@mydomain.com then the MX must be on the root of mydomain.com.
The MX Record must just point to an A/AAAA/CNAME Record which points to the iRedMail server.

When I set mydomain.com to MX Record at hosting provider panel there are problems with emails sending

MX Records don't influence outbound e-mail, please provide us these "problems" as problems could mean absolutely anything.

5 (edited by ag 2015-04-20 16:24:51)

You're right, I've changed it for root domain and it looks much better but still one problem (attachment) and In hosting provider panel I cant write the IP address just domain...

Post's attachments

intodns.jpg
intodns.jpg 126.45 kb, 1 downloads since 2015-04-20 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

The MX Record has to point towards an A Record, not a CName record.