Topic: All Users I add say "Invalid mail address"

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.9.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I have correctly set up a domain, SSL certs, MX records and Dovecot. I can send and receive emails to and from the postmaster account via my iPhone.

If I try to set up an new user though through iRedAdmin I get "Error: Invalid mail address." no matter what address I use. Note that the domain of the email accounts differs from the FQDN that is the hostname of the server.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: All Users I add say "Invalid mail address"

Could you show me how you add new user in detailed step? for example, go to which URL, fill which data in web form, etc.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Could you show me how you add new user in detailed step? for example, go to which URL, fill which data in web form, etc.

I log into the /iredadmin/ url as the postmaster. I see the dashboard page offering me the pro version.
I then click Add -> User
I fill out the form with a normal username "kevinpattison" for example, the only domain possible "worldnettps.it" and a password, name and 100Mb quota.
No matter what email address I choose it says that the email address is invalid

Again the domain that I log into is different to the domain of the email addresses. This is what I saw on a forum as the correct way to set up the hostname.

Does restarting Apache service (or uwsgi service if you're running Nginx) fix this issue?

I got this working. I created a new admin and logged in as that and I can create users. I can't create users when logged in as postmaster account.