1 (edited by schnappi 2015-02-18 05:25:54)

Topic: Cron SQL backups ever purged?

First off great product!

Just installed. Saw some "cron_backup_sql" jobs in the admin log. Know how to edit cron jobs.

Question however is how often are these backups purged (if ever)?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Cron SQL backups ever purged?

Unfortunately, the backup script doesn't remove old backup copies. Will try to improve it in the future.

Hello Huangbin,
Do you ahve any news or just a link that could help me clean my backups folder please ? smile

Thanks in advance !

You can download 'tools/backup_mysql.sh' in iRedMail-0.9.1-beta1, it will remove old backups (90 days by default).

Note: it just removes files which ARE 90 days old (just one day), it won't remove files OLDER than 90 days.

Great to know. One can also change the correct MySQL login information to bad MySQL login information in the following file (Ubuntu/ Debian base) /var/vmail/backup/backup_mysql.sh

This way the backup won't run.

Have been using this solution in the short term.

schnappi wrote:

One can also change the correct MySQL login information to bad MySQL login information in the following file (Ubuntu/ Debian base) /var/vmail/backup/backup_mysql.sh
This way the backup won't run.

Why not disable the cron job?

To be honest don't know how to do so.

crontab -e
as root
and put a comment "#" infront of the line that includes the word backup_mysql.sh

Cool. Easy.

# 30   3   *   *   *   /bin/bash /var/vmail/backup/backup_mysql.sh

Wasn't sure if cron jobs ran per user or per system. It seems all cron jobs run per system and need root permissions.

some cronjobs run as specific users, I believe so anyway; I think sogo has its own user run its cron jobs for example.

You can check certain user's cron job with command 'crontab -l -u [user]' (replace [user] by the real user name, e.g. root, sogo).

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

You can download 'tools/backup_mysql.sh' in iRedMail-0.9.1-beta1, it will remove old backups (90 days by default).

Note: it just removes files which ARE 90 days old (just one day), it won't remove files OLDER than 90 days.

Thanks ! doing the job as expected, golden support as usual smile