Topic: Can't login to iRedAdmin

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.9.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): OpenLDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.0 x86
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: I don't even know what log to put here.
====

After I installed iRedMail on a fresh install of Ubuntu, I cannot login to iRedAdmin.

The password I used for postmaster is not working, and in iRedMail.tips below the password section for postmaster under iRedAdmin is just has 'Password: Can't make sub-window at (32,3), size (1,32)'

This has happened to me twice now with fresh installs of ubuntu 14 and 12.

How can I change my postmaster password manually?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Can't login to iRedAdmin

RJGordon wrote:

- Related log if you're reporting an issue: I don't even know what log to put here.
====

After I installed iRedMail on a fresh install of Ubuntu, I cannot login to iRedAdmin.

The password I used for postmaster is not working, and in iRedMail.tips below the password section for postmaster under iRedAdmin is just has 'Password: Can't make sub-window at (32,3), size (1,32)'

Use 'doveadm pw -s SSHA512' to generate the password hash you will use to replace the existing one in your postmaster LDAP record, using your favourite LDAP Client.

3 (edited by RJGordon 2015-02-16 06:41:19)

7t3chguy wrote:
RJGordon wrote:

====

Use 'doveadm pw -s SSHA512' to generate the password hash you will use to replace the existing one in your postmaster LDAP record, using your favourite LDAP Client.

Do you have a recommendation for an LDAP client? I have never used one before. I only chose LDAP because last time I was having problems with MySQL.

I do not, I personally stick to MySQL myself, sorry

7t3chguy wrote:

Not sure if you'd be able to help me with this then:

I installed phpLDAPadmin but the root dn and password in iRedMail.tips arent working. Also, everytime I hit authenticate it keeps reverting back to cn=admin instead of Manager like i type. I don't know if thats relevant.

RJGordon wrote:
7t3chguy wrote:

I installed phpLDAPadmin but the root dn and password in iRedMail.tips arent working. Also, everytime I hit authenticate it keeps reverting back to cn=admin instead of Manager like i type. I don't know if thats relevant.

There is an underlying issue of a broken installation, Zhang should be online in the next 4-8 hours, maybe he'll be able to make more of the error you have instead of a password inside your .tips file.

7t3chguy wrote:
RJGordon wrote:
7t3chguy wrote:

There is an underlying issue of a broken installation, Zhang should be online in the next 4-8 hours, maybe he'll be able to make more of the error you have instead of a password inside your .tips file.

Is there any logs that iRedMail leaves when its installing so I could check to see whats failing? I have done this twice now on my VPS with a clean install of Ubuntu both times and same thing has happened.

RJGordon wrote:

Didn't get this error before, not sure what the problem is.

If you have installation issue with both MySQL and OpenLDAP, there MIGHT be some issue on your server OS. Would you mind sharing more details of your server?

*) Is it a VPS? if yes, does VPS vendor modify any special settings for the OS?
*) Any error message during iRedMail installation? i guess you don't have the terminal output now, but i'm willing to try to install iRedMail on your fresh server if you want.