Topic: Mails sent by code

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.9.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
Hello.

I have a developers team using an e-mail in their code to send a bulk of e-mails , the mails are being sent successfully as we are not finding any erros however we can't find them in the sent folder in Roundcube any ideas ?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Mails sent by code

k-hussein wrote:

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.9.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
Hello.

I have a developers team using an e-mail in their code to send a bulk of e-mails , the mails are being sent successfully as we are not finding any erros however we can't find them in the sent folder in Roundcube any ideas ?

It is the job of the e-mail client to save the e-mail into the Sent Folder.
In this case the `Code` is acting as an SMTP Client.

thanks for your quick reply , so what do you mean I need to make them to modify the code inorder to save the sent mails in the Sent folders .

k-hussein wrote:

thanks for your quick reply , so what do you mean I need to make them to modify the code inorder to save the sent mails in the Sent folders .

They'd manually have to authenticate using IMAP as well as SMTP and create an e-mail at the same time in the Sent folder there, your MUCH easier bet is to as well as sending out e-mails get them to BCC the mailbox itself and then have a Managesieve rule move all e-mails you are BCC'd to from yourself, to the Sent Folder.