Topic: New install 0.9.0 OpenLDAP errors

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: iRedmail 0.9.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I am attempting to set iRedmail up for the first time and am having issues getting logged into the admin console. It is giving me the error of : Error: {'desc': "Can't contact LDAP server"}

From previous posts on here it would seem to be an issue with permissions with the /etc/ldap/schema/iredmail.schema file. I made adjustments to the file (Setting it first to 755 then to 777 permissions to test) and the tests failed. I looked deeper into it and checked the /etc/ldap/slapd.conf file and found 5 files that are not present on the system that are actually causing the ldap server to not start. 

include     /etc/ldap/schema/core.schema
include     /etc/ldap/schema/corba.schema
include     /etc/ldap/schema/cosine.schema
include     /etc/ldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include     /etc/ldap/schema/nis.schema

I am not sure if these files are needed and not present, or not needed and can be commented out and ignored. The other two files:

# Amavisd-new schema.
include     /etc/ldap/schema/amavis.schema
# iRedMail schema.
include     /etc/ldap/schema/iredmail.schema

Are present and look good.

Any assistance with this would be great.

In addition (and I can make a new post for this if needed) but we have an external email provider we use to sort and spam block our emaail before it is delivered locally. Previously we were using fetchmail, how can this fit into the configuration for iredmail?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: New install 0.9.0 OpenLDAP errors

titanicx wrote:

I am not sure if these files are needed and not present

these files are required and should be installed by openldap core package, not sure why they were not installed on your server.

titanicx wrote:

we have an external email provider we use to sort and spam block our emaail before it is delivered locally. Previously we were using fetchmail, how can this fit into the configuration for iredmail?

you can use sieve rules in iRedMail. Manage personal sieve rules with Roundcube webmail (Settings -> Filters).

3 (edited by titanicx 2015-02-11 07:52:15)

Great! Next question is where I can download these files at to complete the setup. I've done a few searches and can't find them yet.

EDIT: Would the files from this site: http://www.zytrax.com/books/ldap/ape/core-schema.html  work? I hAve nothing to compare it to for the latest build on Openldap v3 (I believe is what was installed on my Ubuntu 12.04)

Check package 'slapd' on Ubuntu, it installs these schema files. Did you removed them accidentally?

Reference: http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise/amd64/slapd/filelist