Topic: Spam mails sent through our email server

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: v0.3.3 
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): (MySQL)
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi,
I purchased the paid support. My transaction id from Paypal is 0PA1689595301923X.

For few days i am getting huge number of Undelivered emails messages on my email address dipesh@netlingshq.com. Reading those failure messages i came to know that I never send those messages to the email addresses that are mentioned in those emails.

So it seems that someone is using our server to send those messages? Could you help is fining these issue? My email box is filled with undelivered emails.

What all you need to know to fix it?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Spam mails sent through our email server

Would really appriciate some urgent helpas people are replying to me asking if these emails are really from us and if they can open the links in those emails. Don't want our email address to be used as spam!!

Dear sir/madam,

So sorry about my late reply. I sent an email to your PayPal account on Feb 5, looks like you didn't own this mailbox.
Never mind, we're now connected.

I sent an email to you (forum register email) moment ago, let me know if you didn't receive it.

Hi Zhang,
The problem seems to have increased. Its almost inaccessabel now, i have to reboot it and it works for two minutes or so and then goes down again. You can check by going to mail.netlingshq.com its currently down. Is this something related to fail2ban or some other firewal issue, becasue i remeber i had some issues in setting those up when i did the installation.

Would be great if you could look whats going on urgently as I am not able to access my emails at all.

Thanks

Dipesh

dipesh_batheja wrote:

Hi Zhang,
The problem seems to have increased. Its almost inaccessabel now, i have to reboot it and it works for two minutes or so and then goes down again. You can check by going to mail.netlingshq.com its currently down. Is this something related to fail2ban or some other firewal issue, becasue i remeber i had some issues in setting those up when i did the installation.

Would be great if you could look whats going on urgently as I am not able to access my emails at all.

Thanks

Dipesh

Right now I have exact the same problem - 1-2 mins and down. What I found, when I work alone or with 2 more people - everything is ok, but when with mail try to work 5+ people the server is unreachable. It might be not enough RAM in my case coming from logs - just waiting for confirmation from support in the neighbour thread. Do you have enough hardware resources?

dipesh_batheja wrote:

Hi Zhang,

Thanks

Dipesh

Have you tried to test whether you have an open relay?
Try this: http://mxtoolbox.com/diagnostic.aspx

mir wrote:

Have you tried to test whether you have an open relay?
Try this: http://mxtoolbox.com/diagnostic.aspx

You are sure that one of your valid email accounts is not compromised or hacked?