1 (edited by iperkins 2015-02-04 13:05:16)

Topic: iRedAdmin 500 error

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: iRedMail 0.9.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 6.6 x64
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: httpd Error Log
====

I set up a new server today and upgraded the open source version of IredAdmin to the new 10 user iRedAdmin-Pro. In the process, I updated the server via yum and likely broke something. Sogo works fine, but iRedAdmin (both versions, since the original open source version is still there) throw 500 errors.

The open source version worked before updating via yum...

Thanks for all of your hard work

EDIT: Took out a poorly worded sentence

Post's attachments

error_log.txt 2.16 kb, 2 downloads since 2015-02-04 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedAdmin 500 error

Attached log doesn't contain useful info. Could you please turn on debug in iRedAdmin-Pro config file /var/www/iredadmin/settings.py, then restart Apache service and try again?

DEBUG = True

Did so, but still nothing, no error messages to give us a clue What I am going to do is start over from scratch and NOT update the entire installation and see if everything works. If so, We'll try to trace out exactly what went wrong.

Again, thank you for all of your effort on this project.

After verifying that upgrading to the 10 user iRedAdmin-pro caused the issue and not yum, I re implemented again and ran the upgrade_iredadmin.sh script and (this time) noticed this error:

ImportError: Bad magic number in /var/www/iRedAdmin-Pro-10user-20150202-py27/tools/../libs/__init__.pyc

Possibly relevant?

To try to fill in the gaps, the installed version of python in Centos 6.5 is 2.6.6. I am going to try to build python 2.7.6 from source to see if that eliminates the error. What version of Python did you use to build iRedAdmin-Pro?

Well, I downloaded the tar file again and it works this time. Sorry to waste everyone's time.