==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.9.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu server 14.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hello ,

I need your advise here ,
am a system admin for our company and am studying the the Iredmail solution to implement it,
I'm going to buy the iRedAdmin Pro license but first I need to test the solution and show it to my managers.
I have installed it on Ubuntu server 14.04 with MySQL backend , my question here :
If the test went successfully and I buy the iRedadmin pro, am goin to reinstall the whole server ?
I need to buy iredadmin pro for LDAP (as am not fimiliar with MySQL and I need the LDAP for the groups feature )can I switch the current server to LDAP ?

thanks.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Iredmail installation

k-hussein wrote:

If the test went successfully and I buy the iRedadmin pro, am goin to reinstall the whole server ?

Not necessary. You can follow our tutorial to upgrade to iRedAdmin-Pro:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/migrate.or … admin.html

k-hussein wrote:

I need to buy iredadmin pro for LDAP (as am not fimiliar with MySQL and I need the LDAP for the groups feature )can I switch the current server to LDAP ?

With SQL backends (MySQL/MariaDB/PostgreSQL), you can use "mail alias" account as simple mailing list. But if you have to switch to OpenLDAP, you have to reinstall OS + iRedMail.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
k-hussein wrote:

Not necessary. You can follow our tutorial to upgrade to iRedAdmin-Pro:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/migrate.or … admin.html

k-hussein wrote:

With SQL backends (MySQL/MariaDB/PostgreSQL), you can use "mail alias" account as simple mailing list. But if you have to switch to OpenLDAP, you have to reinstall OS + iRedMail.

Thanks for the quick reply and support , I need the mails aliases in the testing phase , however in OpenLDAP I couldn't do it so i switched to MYsql , is it possible to do it in OpenLDAP ? if that possible I'll reinstall it for the testing phase to be ready for the upgrade once the managers take purchasing decision .

OpenLDAP edition supports mail alias, so you can switch to OpenLDAP edition if you want.
It's easy to manage mail alias account with iRedAdmin-Pro.