Topic: daily backup of server

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.9.0 pro
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mysql
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: ubuntu 14.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi there,
I was wondering if there is an implemented backup routine - say to use a ftp server to backup the full iredmail server daily... didn't find anything in documents or in the forum...

I found this was built in in Virtualmin and it works great,...could be a nice addition to iRedmail pro ?
OR i didn't find the switch or doc...

many thanks!
rossi256

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: daily backup of server

iRedMail has daily cron joh to backup sql/ldap data, the script and backup copies are stored under /var/vmail/backup/ by default. You can check root user's cron job and that directory on your server.

aah thanks - ok will try to back that up externally then...

Nice would be a built in feature like in the attached screenshot / in virtualmin...
for example in my case i have a backup storage with my server that is accessible via FTP - so i set up a scheduled daily ftp backup...maybe a future feature?

Uploading backup files to remote ftp/sftp server is a good idea. Will try to implement this in future release.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Uploading backup files to remote ftp/sftp server is a good idea. Will try to implement this in future release.

I'm using duply witch uses duplicity.  First I do a lvm-snapshot and then I run duply. Cronjobb automates this. Duply support, ssh, ftp, ftps, dropbox and many more. And all this with gpg encryption. I strongly recomend this backupsoftware for iredmail server.

Hi tyllee,

Thanks for sharing, first time I heard 'duply', will try it later (I don't mean integrating in iRedMail).

thanks tyllee will look into it too! great!

I use rsnapshot. Works great too. But I only backup important paths, like /etc, /home, etc.