Topic: Can't access roundcube from the internet

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
====

I can't access Rouncube from outside the local network, however from the local network everything is ok. Is that bug or feature or my mistake? I tried to stop iptables, it doesn't help, looked in the apache logs and haven't found anything except this
from apache2 access.log:
=======
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - - [16/Jan/2015:20:44:35 +0300] "GET /mail/ HTTP/1.1" 302 444 "ht
tp://mail.myserver.com/" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.2) AppleWebKit/537.36 (
KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/39.0.2171.95 Safari/537.36"
=======
and it redirects me if I input in the browser mail.myserver.com to https://mail.myserver.com/mail

How to get access from outside to Roundcube only(I don't want to open other sites)?
Thank you in advance!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Can't access roundcube from the internet

Do you have correct DNS records for this domain name? both server hostname and mail domain name.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Do you have correct DNS records for this domain name? both server hostname and mail domain name.

Yes, I don't think the problem is there. Everything worked just ok before Iredmail installation (it was another mail server on the same ip and with the same name)

If you access iRedMail server and applications raise some error, that's iRedMail issue. But if you cannot access iRedMail server at all, that sounds like a network issue. I suggest you make sure it's not a network issue first, for example, check firewall/router rules.

bmp2006 wrote:

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
====

I can't access Rouncube from outside the local network, however from the local network everything is ok. Is that bug or feature or my mistake? I tried to stop iptables, it doesn't help, looked in the apache logs and haven't found anything except this
from apache2 access.log:
=======
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - - [16/Jan/2015:20:44:35 +0300] "GET /mail/ HTTP/1.1" 302 444 "ht
tp://mail.myserver.com/" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.2) AppleWebKit/537.36 (
KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/39.0.2171.95 Safari/537.36"
=======
and it redirects me if I input in the browser mail.myserver.com to https://mail.myserver.com/mail

How to get access from outside to Roundcube only(I don't want to open other sites)?
Thank you in advance!

i have same problem sad

hazimal wrote:

i have same problem

Dear hazimal,

Please create a new topic and clearly explain your issue, do not hijack other's thread.

mine says safari cannot access this server.  did anyone solve this problem?