Topic: Excluding certain accounts from BCC

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi,

I have certain mail accounts that I do /not/ want to BCC sent mail for. I have per-domain BCC setup, which of course, overrides per-user BCC.

One option is to use a separate MTA, I guess, where bcc_sender_maps are not loaded, but it would be nice to simply exclude particular accounts somehow.

If I settle on a particular approach in the meantime, I will post it here. Until then, suggestions welcome!

Regards,
Steve.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Excluding certain accounts from BCC

If you have both per-user bcc for one user and per-domain bcc for his domain, then per-user bcc has higher priority.
But if you don't have per-user bcc for this user, then per-domain bcc will be pick up.

i have no simple way to exclude certain account from per-domain bcc. sad but how about this:

1: create one mail user, and set its transport to 'discard' (Postfix built-in transport). That means all received emails will be discard. Let's say this account is 'discard@mydomain.com'.
2: set per-domain bcc for your domain.
3: set a per-user bcc for certain account, and set its per-user bcc to 'discard@mydoman.com' (mentioned in step 1).

Although i didn't test it myself, but it should work.

I can confirm that this does indeed work. I had a noreply account already set to discard, so I set the user BCC for the relevant account to that. The logs show the mail delivered to "postfix/discard" which is exactly what I need.

I have found a forum post stating that per-user became the default over per-domain: http://www.iredmail.org/forum/post15994.html#p15994 but I think the text in iRedAdmin-Pro does not reflect that. It reads:

Per-domain bcc settings will override per-user bcc settings.

When it should read something like:

If per-user bcc settings are specified, then they will override per-domain bcc settings

to make it clear.

The same change should be done in the domain's BCC settings page, which has the same remarks about domain/user BCC priority.

Thanks for your help!

stevekez wrote:

I can confirm that this does indeed work.

Thanks for your feedback.

stevekez wrote:

but I think the text in iRedAdmin-Pro does not reflect that

It was fixed and will be available in upcoming iRedAdmin-Pro release.