1 (edited by apocalipse89 2014-11-22 10:10:04)

Topic: Set multiple domains for one email

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04 x64
====

Hello. I have installed iRedMail open source version and I'm pretty happy. IMHO A good product.
I'm gonna to explan what I'd like to do. I have set iRedMail server in the way it use the domain example.com
I have created various emails such name.surname@example.com
I  have MX, A record set on Amazon route 53 and iRedMail works on a Digital Ocean droplet. Everything works ok. Now I have a second domain example.it. What should I do to send a message from name.surname@example.it to name.surname@example.com? I have read I should create on alias table an entry. I'm pretty confused about if I have to register on iRedMail the example.it domain. Should I set any particular MX record for example.it domain? Could you explain me the way? Thank you very much

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Set multiple domains for one email

*) EVERY mail domain name MUST have correct/proper MX record. A record is optional but strongly recommended, if no MX record found, sender server will try to connect to server listed in A record.

apocalipse89 wrote:

What should I do to send a message from name.surname@example.it to name.surname@example.com?

If you're going to create exactly same accounts under both example.IT and example.COM, and you own both two domain names, you can use alias domain to simplify and reduce the workload.

If you just want to send email from someone@example.IT to anotherone@example.COM, then you need to create new domain name in iRedAdmin admin panel, then add necessary mail accounts.

Hope it helps.

Re: Set multiple domains for one email

Thank you very much for your help. I have set domain alias on the table and now it works.