Topic: Upgrade path to Centos 7

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.87
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 6.6
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi Zhang,
I have been watching the 0.90 release closely.

What is the best way to upgrade my OS to Centos 7?

Are the config files compatible with newer packages on Centos 7?

Should I do a fresh install of iRedMail 0.90 on Centos 7, then restore my config files and data?

Will you offer an OS upgrade tutorial to Centos 7?

Thanks...

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Upgrade path to Centos 7

CentOS 7 has some changes.

*) systemd replaces SysInit scripts, but old SysInit scripts still work.
*) Name of some services are changed. e.g. clamav service is now "clamd@amavisd", no freshclam service anymore (it's replaced by cron job), MySQL is gone and replaced by MariaDB, one dovecot package (dovecot-managesieve) is removed (and replaced by others), etc.

Besides, upgrading to CentOS 7 won't give you Nginx, SOGo groupware, so, personally, i suggest you migrate to a new CentOS 7 server. We have a tutorial for you here:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/migrate.to … erver.html

Most importantly, you can try to migrate to a virtual machine as many times as you want before actually migrating old server.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Besides, upgrading to CentOS 7 won't give you Nginx, SOGo groupware, so, personally, i suggest you migrate to a new CentOS 7 server.

Centos 7 supports Nginx via EPEL.

I am aware no rpms exist for SOGo on Centos 7 (yet).

annonman wrote:

I am aware no rpms exist for SOGo on Centos 7 (yet).

Oh, you're right. sorry about my mistake.

SOGo project doesn't provide RPMs for CentOS 7 yet, so it's not available on CentOS 7.

5 (edited by annonman 2014-11-20 13:16:07)

Thanks Zhang,

My plan is to install Centos 7 fresh, install 0.90, then migrate settings and data.

...all on a virtual machine first, of course!

Can I still use the config file and unattended installation procedures as before?

annonman wrote:

Can I still use the config file and unattended installation procedures as before?

iRedMail will generate all required config files, so you don't need to copy old config files to new server. If you have some custom settings in certain config files, just update these custom settings on new server. it's not a good idea to copy the file directly since new config file may have new settings which not presents in old config file.