1 (edited by Joker 2014-11-12 08:33:24)

Topic: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I'm trying to connect to SMTP from an application on another server. This is the error I get:  530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first

I tried to disable TLS (http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic3435 … stfix.html) and I tried to use another port on my application (http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic4796 … first.html). None of these solutions worked.

These are the actual settings on the client:

#email_delivery_method: :smtp
  #smtp_address: mail.xxx.com
  #smtp_port: 587
  #smtp_domain: mail.xxx.com
  #smtp_authentication: :login
  #smtp_user_name: "xxx@xxx.com"
  #smtp_password: "xxx"

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first

Try commenting 'smtpd_tls_auth_only = yes' in Postfix /etc/postfix/main.cf, restart Postfix service and try again.

Is your application developed by yourself? if yes, you'd better implement TLS support for better security.

3 (edited by Joker 2014-11-12 18:34:47)

No, it isn't mine. I tried commenting the line but it didn't work... Still 530

EDIT: I solved on client side with these settings:

smtp_enable_starttls_auto: true,
smtp_openssl_verify_mode: 'none'

Thank you, you can lock the thread wink

I need to add on more problems smile   i have this error too but i Think it is alot more behind mine...  I have just installed a Ubuntu server 14 then added iRedMail and i can send emails from roundcube and i can recive emails but i cant use my Live mailer program to connect to the smtp server, i do get the  530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first and when i try to add an account in my Outlook then i cant get anything to work. Oh and i installed my first ever ubuntub computer yesterday so i am VERY new at this...   i manage to get my domain name to Point at my IP so i manage to post a webpage. Now anyway i dont where to start to look for a solution and googeling only gets you so far. Help please

Hi derange,

Please do not hijack other's topic, create a new topic and explain your issue clearly, paste related log so that others can help troubleshoot.