Topic: uninitialized value $ns [amavis]

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.3.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  Mysql
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debain 7 64bit
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
I have been the crontab emails on the postmaster@xxxx.com account:

Cron <amavis@mxs> test -e /usr/sbin/amavisd-new-cronjob && /usr/sbin/amavisd-new-cronjob sa-sync
Use of uninitialized value $ns in pattern match (m//) at /usr/share/perl5/Mail/SpamAssassin/DnsResolver.pm line 201.
Use of uninitialized value $ns in pattern match (m//) at /usr/share/perl5/Mail/SpamAssassin/DnsResolver.pm line 201.

When I run the following command I get:

root@mxs:~# su amavis  -c  "test -e /usr/sbin/amavisd-new-cronjob && /usr/sbin/amavisd-new-cronjob sa-sync"
root@mxs:~#

any ideas why this is and what effects this might have?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: uninitialized value $ns [amavis]

Which version of amavisd-new are you running? Any update available in apt repository?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Which version of amavisd-new are you running? Any update available in apt repository?

root@mxs:~# amavisd-new -V
amavisd-new-2.7.1 (20120429)

According to Red Hat bugzilla, Looks like it's an error in package per-Net-DNS, or SpamAssassin. Reference:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1115656

Do you have all packages up to date on your server?

root@mxs:/tmp/Mail-SpamAssassin-3.4.0# spamassassin --version
SpamAssassin version 3.3.2
  running on Perl version 5.14.2

I read they upgraded to the newer 3.4 version, if I were to do that, what would be the cleanest way and most maintainable in future to do so.

I think it's better to solve it this way:

1: Disable this cron job used for 'sa-sync'.
2: Enable SpamAssassin cron job in /etc/default/spamassassin by setting:

CRON=1

This setting will be read by /etc/cron.daily/spamassassin.