Topic: Can't receive emails - Greylisting in effect other email servers

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS 64-bit
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Oct 14 10:58:57 mail postfix/smtpd[4236]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail-wg0-f44.google.com[74.125.82.44]: 451 4.7.1 <xxxx@example.com>: Recipient address reject
ed: Greylisting in effect, please come back later; from=<xxxx@gmail.com> to=<xxxx@example.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail-wg0-f44.google.com>

Okay, I can now send using my iRedMail server to Yahoo and Google. The problem is I can not receive emails from other email servers. I really want the feature of greylisting but it seems too strict and I might encounter receiving problems

Can iRedMail whitelist domains? because it will difficult to whitelist per IP.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Can't receive emails - Greylisting in effect other email servers

To add, when I disabled the greylisting in cluebringer, I was able to receive the emails. Though, is there a recommended setup so that I can blacklist domains (spam protection).

freeda.suing wrote:

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS 64-bit
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Oct 14 10:58:57 mail postfix/smtpd[4236]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail-wg0-f44.google.com[74.125.82.44]: 451 4.7.1 <xxxx@example.com>: Recipient address reject
ed: Greylisting in effect, please come back later; from=<xxxx@gmail.com> to=<xxxx@example.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail-wg0-f44.google.com>

Okay, I can now send using my iRedMail server to Yahoo and Google. The problem is I can not receive emails from other email servers. I really want the feature of greylisting but it seems too strict and I might encounter receiving problems

Can iRedMail whitelist domains? because it will difficult to whitelist per IP.

Just wait for some minutes (maybe up to 30 minutes), and emails will be delivered to your mailbox.

I suggest you (a mail admin) try to understand what greylisting is and how it helps fight spam:
http://www.greylisting.org/

Right, I think it was a bad idea disabling the greylisting. I'll enable it back. Though, I dont want our users to have delay receiving messages from our "known" domain like those hosted in google, yahoo etc. Is there a way to whitelist those domains then greylisting will be bypassed.

Thanks Zhang for your continued support. Really appreciate it.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Just wait for some minutes (maybe up to 30 minutes), and emails will be delivered to your mailbox.

I suggest you (a mail admin) try to understand what greylisting is and how it helps fight spam:

Can I use postfix sender_access?

freeda.suing wrote:

Right, I think it was a bad idea disabling the greylisting. I'll enable it back. Though, I dont want our users to have delay receiving messages from our "known" domain like those hosted in google, yahoo etc. Is there a way to whitelist those domains then greylisting will be bypassed.

Thanks Zhang for your continued support. Really appreciate it.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

You can add record in SQL table "cluebringer.greylisting_whitelist" to whitelist certain domains. But it's not recommended to whitelist whole big ISPs, because spammers use big ISPs to send spams. it should be fine to whitelist certain sender emails.

Can we just use the web gui of cluebringer?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

You can add record in SQL table "cluebringer.greylisting_whitelist" to whitelist certain domains. But it's not recommended to whitelist whole big ISPs, because spammers use big ISPs to send spams. it should be fine to whitelist certain sender emails.

freeda.suing wrote:

Can we just use the web gui of cluebringer?

Sure.