Topic: Rename domain

============ Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6.5
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi there,

There was a post on this issue back in 2012 at http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic3998 … users.html . At that time this was the reply:

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

iRedAdmin-Pro doesn't support rename domain directly, sorry. But alias domain should work as expected.

Will try implementing this in future release.

I don't see anything in my current version to do this, so I'm assuming that it has not been implemented.

If I want to change the domain for some users from abc.com to xyz.com, it seems easy enough to rename /var/vmail/vmail1/abc.com to /var/vmail/vmail1/xyz.com. That should work, right?

Then do I simply do a search for all instances of abc.com in the database and rename them to xyz.com?

Thanks.

Craig

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Rename domain

craig wrote:

If I want to change the domain for some users from abc.com to xyz.com, it seems easy enough to rename /var/vmail/vmail1/abc.com to /var/vmail/vmail1/xyz.com. That should work, right?
Then do I simply do a search for all instances of abc.com in the database and rename them to xyz.com?

Rename /var/vmail/vmail1/abc.com to xyz.com is not enough, you should replace all email addresses which end with '@abc.com' to @xyz.com in SQL database.

If some email addresses (@abc.com) are assigned as alias members, you should replace them too.

But I'm correct that the only changes required are in /var/vmail/vmail1 and the database? No changes in any configuration files?

craig wrote:

No changes in any configuration files?

No.

OK, thanks.