Topic: Symfony2 swiftmailer

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: iRedMail-0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: centos 6.5
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hello i am using swiftmailer with symfony but the problem is i am not able to connect with the server, its because of starttls i think that swiftmailer doesnt allow this, is their anyway that i can use only tls or ssl with 465 or 25 port? i have searched your whole forum and still i am unable to resolve it, we are also planning to buy your pro version

here is configuration of symfony i am using

disable_delivery: false
            delivery_address: false
            transport: smtp
            host: pm.slotsmillion.com
            port: 587
            username: xxxx
            password: xxxx

thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Symfony2 swiftmailer

According to SwiftMailer document, it supports both TLS and SSL:
http://swiftmailer.org/docs/sending.html

3 (edited by shan 2014-10-08 17:34:37)

Hello first of all thank you for fast reply

i  have tried that but stil it not sending the emails, is their anyway to  use only tls or ssl?

also i see in the logs of /var/logs/dovecot.log
Oct 08 10:33:31 auth-worker(10088): Info: mysql(127.0.0.1): Connected to database vmail its connected but i think its imap and i would need smtp right?

You should check /var/log/maillog to find sending email (SMTP) related log.

ok thank, but is their any way to turn of starttls and also
any guide to configure iredmail only to use ssl? it would be a great help sir thanks

Searching this forum will help you find answer.
Anyway, here's the tutorial:

- http://www.iredmail.org/docs/allow.inse … tions.html
- http://www.iredmail.org/docs/enable.smtps.html

It's recommended to use secure connection.

7 (edited by shan 2014-10-08 18:51:39)

also i wanted to ask you currently our emails are going into spam folder, if we buy pro version will you guyz help us to configure fully our email server? so emails can go in inbox?

thanks

i have checked with black list and the moment we are not black listed in any website or isp but still our mail goes to spam folder

shan wrote:

currently our emails are going into spam folder, if we buy pro version will you guyz help us to configure fully our email server? so emails can go in inbox?

Purchasing license of iRedAdmin-Pro doesn't include technical support service for iRedMail. So, no.

Do you have SPF and DKIM DNS records?

9 (edited by shan 2014-10-08 20:03:00)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
shan wrote:

currently our emails are going into spam folder, if we buy pro version will you guyz help us to configure fully our email server? so emails can go in inbox?

Purchasing license of iRedAdmin-Pro doesn't include technical support service for iRedMail. So, no.

Do you have SPF and DKIM DNS records?

we will also buy  technical support if you guyz can assure us that you can make our email server as secure and spam free as possible

yes i have dns and dkim records,although i dont have spf

shan wrote:

we will also buy  technical support if you guyz can assure us that you can make our email server as secure and spam free as possible

We cannot control how destination server detect spam, so cannot promise at all.

shan wrote:

yes i have dns and dkim records,although i dont have spf

SPF + DKIM will help prevent destination server to mark emails sent from you as spam, but that's just addition help, no promise at all. because, again, you cannot control how destination server detect spam.

Hello ,

is their any guide to set all the settings on port 465 for ssl or tls?,  i have checked the links you provided and uncomented 4 lines stmps but still it detects on port 587

To open port 465, you should:

1) Enable smtps service in Postfix.
2) Open port 465 in firewall.

Both are mentioned in our tutorial. You should check how to set your application to use correct network service/port.