- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

hi there, I am having troubles adding a new user to a domain i have just added through iRedAdmin.
Basically, the domain has been added no problem, but when I try to add a user, I don't have the domain available in the dropdown, so if I try to add the account, it i never added.

(See screenshot - note I have changed it to example.com to hide the real domain)

I have tried restarting  Apache2, MySQL, the entire sever but still no go. I'm not sure what else I could try.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.   

I love iRedMail and it has saved my a huge number of headaches, so thank you!

Post's attachments

iredadmin.PNG
iredadmin.PNG 33.09 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Add User domain dropdown not populated

This issue was reported before, check this:
http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic5129 … ntrol.html

Did you upgrade iRedMail from an old release? Let me know if your issue is different.

3 (edited by randoof 2014-10-07 03:26:32)

Hi Zhang,
Thank you, Yes I did upgrade from 0.8.6 -> 0.8.7 with iRedAdmin 0.4 unfortunately I've been through those updates and the issue remains. I can add new domains, but I cannot add new users to those domains. 

I greatly appreciate any help you can offer
thanks

Is it possible to let me login to your server to figure out the root cause?

5 (edited by randoof 2014-10-07 14:57:00)

edit: Zhang, as I am transferring to a new server and the new server also has the issue I tihink I might reformat the server and start from scratch. 

What's the best way to approach this considering my live server has the domain drop down issue? Is it possible to install 0.8.7 on the new server and the add all of the current domains through iredadmin and then copy across the vmail directory to migrate the emails?

Would I need any of the iredmail databases from my current server or could i solely use the new ones that are created by the iRedMail.sh install script?

thanks

randoof wrote:

What's the best way to approach this considering my live server has the domain drop down issue? Is it possible to install 0.8.7 on the new server and the add all of the current domains through iredadmin and then copy across the vmail directory to migrate the emails?

I think the best way is let me logging to your server to figure out the problem. then we can know how to solve it and prevent similar issue.

If you cannot let me login to your server for some reason, you have to install a new iRedMail server and migrate old mail accounts (domain, users, etc) and mailboxes to new server. This way we can guarantee the same issue won't happen, because we didn't know what the cause is and we didn't fix it during migration.

randoof wrote:

Would I need any of the iredmail databases from my current server or could i solely use the new ones that are created by the iRedMail.sh install script?

Check our tutorial here:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/migrate.to … erver.html

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
randoof wrote:

I think the best way is let me logging to your server to figure out the problem. then we can know how to solve it and prevent similar issue.

If you cannot let me login to your server for some reason, you have to install a new iRedMail server and migrate old mail accounts (domain, users, etc) and mailboxes to new server. This way we can guarantee the same issue won't happen, because we didn't know what the cause is and we didn't fix it during migration.

randoof wrote:

Check our tutorial here:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/migrate.to … erver.html

No, I'm happy for you to log in, I have all the details, how can I send them to you and do you want/need root access?
Thank you so much

randoof wrote:

how can I send them to you and do you want/need root access?

Contact me: http://www.iredmail.org/contact.html

Thank you so much,
I've just emailed you details.