Topic: aliases in iRedMail?

Does the current free version of iRedMail support aliases?  I don't see it anywhere.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: aliases in iRedMail?

trent3 wrote:

Does the current free version of iRedMail support aliases?  I don't see it anywhere.

Only the paid version allows aliases through iRedAdmin. You can of course create a full email address, log into webmail, and set up a filter to redirect everything to another email address though. You can also run a query, but you won't see anything in iRedAdmin reflecting it.

USE vmail;
INSERT INTO alias (address, goto, domain) values ('alias@domain1.com', 'real@domain2.com', 'domain1.com');

So I can add an alias by editing the MySQL database directly?   I need to be able to test some of these features.   Is there any explanation of the acceptable formats of the vmail table data?     Can the goto have more than one address?

trent3 wrote:

So I can add an alias by editing the MySQL database directly?

Yes. I'm pretty sure this is all iRedAdmin Pro does to create them, so if you upgrade later, they will be visible.

trent3 wrote:

Is there any explanation of the acceptable formats of the vmail table data?

I couldn't find any on the wiki or forums, but after creating a couple domains and addresses, you can figure most of it out.

trent3 wrote:

Can the goto have more than one address?

Yes, separate them with a comma.

Is there any way to implement a global alias that works at all domains on the server?

Not out of the box, but it must be possible with some code or config file modifications. I don't know enough about virtual mailboxes to say for sure.

Yes you can create an mail alias account with SQL command line (or other SQL management tools).
Reference: http://www.iredmail.org/docs/sql.create.mail.alias.html