Topic: cron job error

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 7
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: Cron <amavis@bushveld> find /var/lib/amavis/virusmails/ -ctime +15 | xargs rm -rf {}
====

I have recently started getting this error

Cron <amavis@bushveld> find /var/lib/amavis/virusmails/ -ctime +15 | xargs rm -rf {}

any idea what its from?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: cron job error

It's used to delete old quarantined virus/spam (on file system).

why am I getting the error, I have never gotten it before?

find: `/var/lib/amavis/virusmails/': No such file or directory

This cron job is set for user 'amavis', so the output/error message will be mailed to mail address "amavis@[YOUR_SERVER_HOSTNAME]".
If you have alias for "amavis" user in /etc/postfix/aliases, mail will be forwarded to alias destination address.

5 (edited by warren 2014-10-03 16:16:41)

I am getting the error emailed to me?

Cron <amavis@bushveld> find /var/lib/amavis/virusmails/ -ctime +15 | xargs rm -rf {}

From    root@bushveld.********** Add contact    Date    Today 05:01
<- <<- ->   []
find: `/var/lib/amavis/virusmails/': No such file or directory

that is the email I am getting!

?

/var/lib/amavis/virusmails/ is default directory defined in Amavisd used to store quarantined messages. And it should exist on Debian. Check file /etc/amavis/conf.d/20-debian-defaults:

$QUARANTINEDIR = "$MYHOME/virusmails";

If you didn't receive this error before, that means this directory existed. Any changes did you made on this server right before you receive this error message?

If you don't have quarantine enabled in Amavisd, it's ok to disable this cron job.

I didnt delete the dir, not sure what would have happened. I have re-created the dir with amavis.amavis, will see what the logs say tomorrow.

After re-creating the dir, no more error messages.