Topic: SMPT authenitcation

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 1.8.2
- Store mail accounts in which backend (mySQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: ubuntu
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:

Sep 26 22:49:43 mail postfix/smtpd[6062]: connect from unknown[192.168.1.11]
Sep 26 22:49:43 mail postfix/smtpd[6062]: lost connection after RSET from unknown[192.168.1.11]
Sep 26 22:49:43 mail postfix/smtpd[6062]: disconnect from unknown[192.168.1.11]

====

I am trying to use our erp software to connect to a noreply account and i can not authenticate with smtp. Am I doing something wrong or something i need to turn on?

Thank you!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: SMPT authenitcation

What's your smtp authentication settings in your erp software? You should enable smtp authentication on port 587, with correct username and password. username must be full email address.

3 (edited by ocpistol 2014-09-29 04:27:22)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

What's your smtp authentication settings in your erp software? You should enable smtp authentication on port 587, with correct username and password. username must be full email address.

Thank You that is what I tried to do I dont know if there is way of allowing it through port 25?

Post's attachments

email-settings.jpg 190.75 kb, 2 downloads since 2014-09-28 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Looks like your ERP software doesn't support secure connection through TLS, you'd better ask support from your ERP provider about this.

A temporary solution is, enable nonsecure SMTP connection by commenting out 'smtpd_tls_auth_only = yes' in Postfix config file /etc/postfix/main.cf, then restart Postfix service.

WARNING: this way, email sent by your user through port 25 is not protected by TLS/SSL. It's recommended to ALWAYS use secure connection to send email.

Awesome Thank you so much!

Now I need to figure out how to let noreply send out as any of the users on my domain. My erp uses that account to send them but depending on the user logged in will send as a different email address.

You should remove 'reject_sender_login_mismatch' in Postfix config file /etc/postfix/main.cf.

awesome you are the best!!

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

You should remove 'reject_sender_login_mismatch' in Postfix config file /etc/postfix/main.cf.