Topic: Problems with freshclam and roundcube

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
============ Required information ====
- iRedMail version: iRedAdmin-Pro v1.8.2 (MySQL)
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 6.5
====

Hi, I am having a problem, and I was wondering if anyone has had something similar.

1) I updated the system through "yum update" and after that, freshclam start to claim about Can't open /var/log/clamav/freshclam.log in append mode (check permissions!).

-> the first thing I check was the file permission
-rw-r--r--  1 clamav clamav    0 Sep  3 03:47 freshclam.log
and seems to be correct, so the easy way was to change the file permission to 777 (but is not the correct way) beside, after a few days the problems appears again because the file is re created, so it doesn't seem right to create a cron job just for change file permission any time it change, any suggestions on this?

2) I really don't know why (because it shows no errors), when I try to change any setting on roundcube, when I press "save" on the option, the system kicks me out and sends me to the main page (attached a PrintScreen).

Post's attachments

Captura de pantalla 2014-09-23 a la(s) 09.37.45.png
Captura de pantalla 2014-09-23 a la(s) 09.37.45.png 360.83 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Problems with freshclam and roundcube

aguilar.arce wrote:

1) I updated the system through "yum update" and after that, freshclam start to claim about Can't open /var/log/clamav/freshclam.log in append mode (check permissions!).
and seems to be correct, so the easy way was to change the file permission to 777 (but is not the correct way) beside, after a few days the problems appears again because the file is re created, so it doesn't seem right to create a cron job just for change file permission any time it change, any suggestions on this?

Which CentOS release are you running? What's the daemon user/group in ClamAV/freshclam config file?

aguilar.arce wrote:

2) I really don't know why (because it shows no errors), when I try to change any setting on roundcube, when I press "save" on the option, the system kicks me out and sends me to the main page (attached a PrintScreen).

Didn't receive report from other users, this is the first report. No idea yet.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
aguilar.arce wrote:

Which CentOS release are you running? What's the daemon user/group in ClamAV/freshclam config file?

I Use:
CentOS release 6.5 (Final)
Linux 2.6.32-431.23.3.el6.x86_64 x86_64

on /etc/freshclam.conf

DatabaseOwner clam

and on /etc/clamd.conf

User clam

// are you talking about this?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
aguilar.arce wrote:

Didn't receive report from other users, this is the first report. No idea yet.

Do you think it would be a solution to re install the roundcube?

Thanks in advance

aguilar.arce wrote:

on /etc/freshclam.conf
DatabaseOwner clam

and on /etc/clamd.conf
User clam

Yes. Now you see the difference.

aguilar.arce wrote:

No idea at all. Did you try to restart web service, and clear web browser cache?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
aguilar.arce wrote:

on /etc/freshclam.conf
DatabaseOwner clam

and on /etc/clamd.conf
User clam

So I have to change both to clamav, right?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
aguilar.arce wrote:

No idea at all. Did you try to restart web service, and clear web browser cache?

Yes, I try both, and still not working

aguilar.arce wrote:
ZhangHuangbin wrote:
aguilar.arce wrote:

on /etc/freshclam.conf
DatabaseOwner clam

and on /etc/clamd.conf
User clam

So I have to change both to clamav, right?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
aguilar.arce wrote:

Yes, I try both, and still not working

I change both, and corrected the permission at /var/lib/clamav/ because after changing I got this message
ERROR: Can't create temporary directory /var/lib/clamav/clamav-eab10aca5c785ec48e7f403a151bda74.tmp
Hint: The database directory must be writable for UID 495 or GID 496

Thanks very much! Zhang