1 (edited by cre8r 2014-09-18 11:07:01)

Topic: External relay sending from hosted domain. No SASL.

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS, Precise Pangolin
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi,
I have an issue with a client, let me try to explain.

They have an external user on an external domain (lets call this domain2, and his account user@domain2.com).

All emails received to user@domain2.com are redirected to their account on our iRedAdmin server (lets call this user@myired.com).

When an email sent to user@domain2.com is sent from a non hosted domain (EG: user@internet.com), The mail is received fine on user@myired.com.

However, we are using strict sasl authentication rules for domains hosted on our iRedAdmin server, so.

When an email sent to user@domain2.com is sent from a hosted domain (EG: user2@myired.com), The mail is reject from our server as it is being received from a @myired.com domain (hosted on our server, and reject is because of no sasl authentication).

I know I can add the domain2.com server IP into my policy to allow mail from @myired.com without sasl , however this will be changing our policy because of domain2.com's inability to authenticate or forward from a different sender address.
And creates the issue of phishing attempts by allowing this server to send emails from support@myired.com or accounts@myired.com....

Suggestions?

-- Edit --
One option would be to have an automated service that has user@myired.com to pop the email from mx.domain2.com.
As far as I'm aware, iRedAdmin doesn't have this capability?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.