1 (edited by 123isme1 2014-09-04 05:24:52)

Topic: Cannot access webmail or iRedAdmin from other computers

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Linux Mint 17 (Based on Ubuntu 14.04)
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
I recently installed iRedMail, and can access everything from the computer it is running on, just fine, and I can also use IMAP to connect to it remotely, however when I go to https://mx.123isme1.com/mail or https://mx.123isme1.com/iRedAdmin it gives me a browser level 404, but only when I am NOT on localhost. I am running apache2 on the same machine running 123isme1.com, would that mess something up? Maybe do I have to port forward something?
Thanks in advance,
123isme1
EDIT: I just remembered, I belive my domain registration is set up to only allow 123isme1.com, and www.123isme1.com, is there any way to bypass mx.123isme1.com, and have it forward otherwise?
EDIT2: nvm, ignore the last edit, that wouldn't explain why I can get to stmp.123isme1.com etc...

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Cannot access webmail or iRedAdmin from other computers

First of all, iRedMail requires a fresh/new server os, that means you don't have Apache/MySQL/etc installed on this server. iRedMail will install them for you automatically.

if you cannot access your domain name, please make sure you have correct DNS settings for this domain name, then make sure your Apache has correct virtualhost setting for this domain name.

I somehow managed to make it work on (www.)123isme1.com/mail, still does not work on other machines though.

After wiping my hard drive and reinstalling linux, I reinstalled iRedMail, and I am still having the same issue.

Correction to the first post: it is not a browser level 404, it is apache.

*) Show us your DNS settings please.
*) Show us related error log in Apache log file please.

7 (edited by 123isme1 2014-09-28 14:13:40)

Forgot to mention, I accidentally PF'ed 433 instead of 443. Works good now!
EDIT: Except the certificate error...