Topic: Import only 20 files at a time

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hello I have users who are trying to import a lot of messages into roundcube web mail and they are limited to 20 files at a time. I already changed the 10mb limit and that is working for imports but I cannot get the import to allow more than 20 files. I changed this setting in the php.ini file and restarted but it still limits to 20 files. How can I change this behavior?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Import only 20 files at a time

Didn't hear about "20 files" limit.

*) How did you change attachment size limit? Here's a FAQ tutorial: http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic464- … -size.html
*) What's the total file size of these 20 files?

3 (edited by tonedub 2014-08-26 00:27:43)

I changed the attachment/upload size limit by following the FAQ tutorial you linked in your response. It worked perfectly by the way. Then I had users complaining they could only upload 20 .eml files at a time. I thought they must be large files and they were going over the new 100MB size limit. However I tested it myself to try and upload 27 .eml files that only equal 1.7MB in total. It uploads 20 and then stops. So I looked through the config files and in the /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini I found a line that looks like this

; Maximum number of files that can be uploaded via a single request
max_file_uploads = 20

I changed this from 20 to 500 and rebooted the server hoping this would work but it did not I can still only import 20 of the 27 files even though the size is only 1.7MB.

Thank you for your help I truly appreciate it.

Does it work if you set a override setting in file /usr/share/apache2/roundcubemail/.htaccess:

php_value max_file_uploads 30

It's better to restart Apache service after you add above setting.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Does it work if you set a override setting in file /usr/share/apache2/roundcubemail/.htaccess:

php_value max_file_uploads 30

It's better to restart Apache service after you add above setting.

Yes this works and allows me to control the number of uploads. Thank you very much for your help it is greatly appreciated. Have a great day!