1 (edited by Stealthbird97 2014-08-21 21:58:33)

Topic: How to change SSL Certs to StartSSL?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: N/A
====

Hi,
I tried to switch my Certificates yesterday to one which I requested through StartSSL.
I switched the contents of iRedMail_CA.pem and iRedMail.key files with the appropriate ones which I was given from StartSSL. I made backups to the old ones first, edited the main files and then restarted. As a result the whole system broke, couldn't access anything. I then went back and reverted to the backed up certs, and restarted, it still didn't work. I then tried regenerating the certs using the tools, replaced the old certs, applied the permissions according to the regenerate certs file instructions and restarted. Still didn't work.
So I reinstalled just now. Can someone provide me instructions or a link to instructions which work explaining how I am meant to change the certs so that it is correctly signed.

There also seems to be an issue login into the cluebringer control panel. Using the the information in the tips file, it doesn't let me login.

Regards

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How to change SSL Certs to StartSSL?

Could you please show us related error log in Postfix/Apache/Dovecot log files?

By the way, you can purchase our support ticket to get iRedMail developer to solve this issue remotely:
http://www.iredmail.org/support.html

3 (edited by Stealthbird97 2014-08-22 20:32:37)

Well the error was displayed in the web browser as an unable to connect page. And As I have reinstalled the whole system, its working now using the automatically generated certs.
Could I suggest being able to customise the certs in the wizard on install.

But now, I really just want confirmation on how to switch the ssl certs correctly.

StartSSL.com provides detailed tutorial to setup SSL certificate under Apache, did you read it?
And, if it doesn't work, please check related log in Apache log file.

5 (edited by Stealthbird97 2014-08-24 00:37:25)

Edit: Ok, Fixed it now. All seems to work.
Apache, Dovecot and Postfix are good now.